Saturday, September 13, 2014

August 23, 2014

August 23, 2014


Today has been a good day even though its been a boring one.  I am at work now and don’t have a lot to do because the guys are working in the warehouse arranging the carts and cages.  I am glad I am getting overtime because I sure do need it.  I get to babysit tonight too so that’s always good. 

 

My prepper network seems to be off to a great start.  We are having another meeting next month in Marks, MS at the Mexican restaurant.  I am trying to organize a trip to Grenada to the Civil War park and maybe do some geocache while we are there.  That is my fall and winter hobby so it will be have to be in October when it gets cooler.  I hope to get a few more people interested in meeting and maybe get this off the ground. 

I bought some fresh okra to freeze last weekend along with some homemade jelly.  Its cheaper to buy regular jelly and store it but I like to have some fresh jelly too.  I am going to try to get some corn when it goes on sale and put them up in the freezer.  I need to make another trip to the Chicken Market soon so I can stock up on frozen vegetables and some meat.  I got the best deal on some bacon and it lasted me over 6 months.  I wanted to put up some fresh tomatoes and peaches too but I didn’t get enough to do anything with this summer.  Next summer I am going to plant a garden and put some food up.  I wish I could get my bigger freezer working and my big refrigerator.  Its hard with just a small refrigerator and a small chest freezer.

 

Until then,

 

Ruby

 

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment