Wednesday, May 14, 2014

May 14, 2014

Hope everyone is doing well.  Great here.   I am making it day by day so that makes me happy.  A lot going on here lately.

 

My sweet dog Big Susie passed away. I found her deadMonday morning.  She lost her battle with heart worms.  She was a beautiful and loyal pet and I loved her so much.  I am still grieving over her.  I have a soft heart when it comes to animals.

 

I am still working on a family reunion for the Cavallo family. Not sure how to go about it but I am going to try.  I am going to see how it goes at the family reunion I am going to on my Mommas aunts side in two weeks.  I want to do this every year if I can ever get all the addresses. 

 

I am joining the Ladies In Black from Dumas, AR.  I met the founder at the SCV meeting in Helena, AR Monday.  She does a Medicine Show for different Civil War Reinactment events.  Very interesting lady.   I wont be able to meet a lot and I doubt I will only be able to go to a few memorials but its part of a group I want to join.  I am going to one of the meetings of the Order of the  Confederate Rose in Indianola, MS this summer.  I cant make them all because I am so far away but I can go to a few of them a year if I decide to join.  I love history and I want to study it and learn more about it through these groups.

 

I was going to the Spring Fest in Batesville, MS this weekend but decided not to because of the cost of fuel.  I have to save up my extra money for the summer because I want to get out and do something but its not looking to good.  I miss the flea markets and all the outdoor entertainment.  I have to plan for everything and this is not on my list this summer.

 

I don’t understand people who don’t want to work and then go begging their employer to loan them money when they don’t deserve it.  I work with a few like that.   They just don’t care  because if they don’t make it at work then Obama will take care of them with free food, electricity, housing, cell phones, & health care.  It is not fair but it’s the country we live in.  I guess I am just jealous because none of that applies to me.  I know so many people who want to work but cant find a job.  There are people with good paying jobs that don’t want to work.  They only work and half ass do that because they are forced to.  Losers!!!!

 

I am not going to take a vacation this summer but I am going to take my days off.  I am taking my last two days the Tuesday and Wednesday after Memorial Day.  I am going to have a really long Memorial Day weekend.  Not going to do anything but move some stuff around and work on my supply room.  I might take a trip to Helena and go to the new welcome center and go to their Civil War museum and Delta Cultural center.  I really wanted to go to the Ozarks but the move has changed my plans. I just don’t have any money to go anywhere.  Its sad when you work hard every day and still cant enjoy your life.  All I am doing is surviving.  I got to find a break one day because this is not what I wanted for myself. 

 

Better run for now.

 

All the best,

 

Ruby 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment